21 June 2001Laugh a bit
|THE ADVANTAGES OF BEING
1. No need trying to keep up with the Joneses, they emigrated last week.
2. You can eat worms and half dried meat and not be considered disgusting.
3. Nothing is your fault, you can blame it all on apartheid.
4. Unrivalled job prospects for those unburdened with training, skills or experience.
5. You get to buy a new car every 3 months and the insurance company even pays for it.
6. You can experience "kak" service in eleven official languages.
7. Where else can you get oranges with 45% alcohol content at rugby matches?
8. It's the only country in the world where striking workers show how angry they are by dancing through the streets.
9. You're considered clumsy if you cannot: use a cellphone (without a car > kit), change CDs, Drink a beer and smoke, all at the same time while driving a car at 160 kph on the highway.
10. Great Eccent.
11. People mistake you for Australians..
12. Americans will never consider dropping a nuclear bomb on you because they don't know you exist..
13. If you live in Johannesburg, you get to brag about living in the most dangerous city in the world..
14. You get to carry a gun.
15. Burglar bars become a feature, and a great selling point for your house..
16. You can decorate your garden walls with barbed wire..
17. The police are the first
on the scene for most major crimes, without being called....
YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN SOUTH AFRICA WHEN:
a) Votes have to be recounted until the right party wins..
b) When illegal immigrants leave the country because the crime rate is too high..
c) The police ask you if they must follow up on the burglary you've just reported..
d) When a murderer gets a 2 year sentence and a pirate TV viewer gets 6 months..
e) The prisoners strike!
f) You can't make a phone call because the copper cables have been stolen..
g) The police stations have
panic buttons to call armed response when they are burgled..